Whats going on with the drones these days? What are these things anyway?
Basically a drone is small flying machine that can be flown at full size aircraft level.
I picked up my first drone last summer in order to shoot an arial view of Integrity Tree trimming my cherub tree.
It’s by DJI Phantom 1. It has a gropro attachment but no gimble so when flying along the horizon, my shot is slanted.
So I finally got this thing to fly and quickly release how much practice you need.
This summer I upgraded to the Phantom 2 Vision Plus with gimble, app, and camera.
I now can see what my camera is giving me as well as my altitude, speed, and distance.
- Calibration every time. What is calibration?
- These need to connect via gps to the satellites so that you they know where you the operator are at.
- My App tells me if it needs to be calibrated and it tells me when its ready to fly, and if I’m in a no fly zone. It also states that it’s established my current spot of standing.
- Know my aircraft, by default has a limit to 350 feet. After that were in full size air craft space. And in my opinion they have right away. I have to be aware of where this thing is at all times.
- The drone itself powers the 1080P HD camera it comes with and it allows me to tilt up and down while in the up in the air.
- If it loses connection (buildings, mountains, etc) it will indicate that to me and my screen states its coming back home.
- The drone itself comes with one battery that lasts 15 minutes.
- The controller is charged via usb as is the Wifi extender.
- I always make sure everything’s charged or else, the drone will refuse to take off or will immediately come back home.
What do you I used it for?
Well I don’t by anything I can’t make money with.
So I got this for a real estate video that was completely arial videography of my clients areas in town. She wanted sunrise and sunset shots.
Again how far can I go? I need to keep I in sight so I don’t go further than 1600’ away and keep within 350’
How did I learn this thing? Lots of practice and youtube videos. Lots of crashing and practice
To see my lastest drone work visit my youtube channel icon.